- Primary mission is to provide advanced medical transport and evacuation services for a large-scale disaster.
- Secondary missions include responding to mass casualty incidents, incident support, firefighter rehabilitation, and other appropriate, like missions
- AMBUSs are incorporated into local & regional response plans in addition to being available for a state activation
- 24/7 response capable, mobile intensive care capable, vehicle configurable to support up to  littered patients, or  seated patients, or a combination thereof [can support wheelchairs & isolets].
- Crew compliment is  with a minimum of  EMT-Paramedic care givers for state mission assignments; Local / Regional staffing varies by host agency.
- The TX EMTF has  AMBUSs pre-positioned with host EMS/FD members
Typing & Staffing
- Custom ambulance, licensed Specialty Vehicle, Mobile Intensive Care Unit [MICU] with advance medical monitoring &equipment, integrated electrical, oxygen & communication systems
[State Mission Counts below; Local / Regional staffing varies] Personnel /  Vehicles
 AMBUS Crew:  EMT-Paramedic minimum
Positions:  Crew Chief,  Loadmaster,  Driver/Operator
 Strike Team Leader
 EMS CMD Vehicle